Thursday, January 23, 2014

Immediate about face - Groupe Athena, Inc. (GATA)

Following the recent post related to GATA, I was made aware of some research posted here. It is good disconfirming evidence arguing essentially that GATA is quite possibly a fraud. While this is a pretty serious allegation, the author actually makes some good points and has done a decent amount of legwork. 

The risk indeed seems elevated to me (even more so than other microcaps), but for a few reasons I limited my search to googling people (serves me right for not waiting to hear back from management and looking into the fraud angle as much as usual). Maybe preemptive, and feel a little foolish to do such an immediate 180, but I feel the risk is real and am more comfortable selling quite possibly for good, but at least until I hear back from management about some of my questions that could shed a little light on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment